January 9, 2011

Top 10 in 2010

2010 was a great year:) Its crazy how every year seems to go by faster. Here are some of the highlights of this year, and also just favorite things. (not in any order...)

  1. I am now attending Utah State University! I can hardly believe I have already completed an entire semester of college. And I'm still alive! It has actually been super great, I have LOVED college and USU! I was super lucky to get good roommates too:) I decided to switch from doing interior design to social work.
  2. Special Needs Mutual. I had the AWESOME opportunity to be a friend at special needs mutual during my senior year of high school. It really was one of the highlights of my whole life! Every week I went to an activity for people with a variety of disabilities, ages 12 and older. I had two special friends there, Abagail and Laurie. Being around these people with such sweet spirits and unconditional love was such a blessing, and inspiring to me.
  3. Graduated from Riverton High School! Woohoo! I made it through high school - and loved it! Riverton will always hold a special little place in my heart :)
  4. Senior Trip! After graduation me and some friends went on a little trip down to the great place called ST.GEORGE!! We stayed in a condo, went to Zions, played, swam, ate, and had a super fantastic time! It was just so fun. I wanna go on a trip with my friends next summer!
  5. Disneyland:) In August me and my family (all but Seth on a mission...) went to Disneyland for a vacation. It was so fun! We went to California Adventure, Disneyland, and the beach. It really is the happiest place on earth! I could ride those rides all day. My favorites were Soarin' Over California, California Screamin', the 3D Toy Story ride, and Space Mountain.
  6. Played the Piano, then quit. I have taken lessons from the same teacher since 7th grade. In August I finally had to quite because I was moving to logan for school. I had my own senior recital, which was a lot of work but I am grateful I am able to learn difficult songs. One of my favorite things about going home is having a real piano to play!
  7. San Fran! For choir tour we rode a bus 14 hours to San Francisco. What a party! Besides the long ride, no sleep, and breaking down, it was great:) We saw all the piers, Alcatraz, went to an amusement park, sang a little and competed (i guess that was the point...), and best of all, WENT AND SAW WICKED!!
  8. Went to girls camp my last year. I love girls camp! I am really hoping I will get to be in young womens some time just so I can go to camp!
  9. Worked at Classic Fun Center during the summer. Woohoo! I never thought I would be working there...but it turned out to be a good summer job! I got to stand outside lifeguarding and even get a little tan...:) By the end of the summer I was a little tired of listening to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry.... I also still work at Magnolia Grove Reception Center, and got a part time job as an office assistant at USU.
  10. We the People Competition- As part of AP Political Science we were in a competition where we did mock congressional hearings about the constitution. Sounds nerdy, but I kinda liked it! I spent who knows how many hours, and thought it was interesting learning so much about government and the constitution. At the state competition my class got 3rd place, not what I was hoping for, but my group got 1st place!

No comments:

Post a Comment